As you plan for your getaway, deciding where your pet will stay is something that should give you peace of mind. The Humane Society writes an informative article about what to consider before choosing your pet’s lodging accommodations. Some of their tips mentioned:
- To have your pets stay where they receive more attention and supervision than if home alone most of the day.
- To find out if the facility requires pets to be current on their vaccinations – including the vaccine for canine cough – this will protect your furry family member from others.
Other important questions to ask before boarding your pet with a pet sitter or lodging facility:
- Will pets be monitored by trained staff?
- Are veterinary services available if needed? What are they?
- Are they veterinarian recommended?
- Are cats housed away from the dogs?
- Does the facility look and smell clean?
- Are other services offered such as training, bathing and grooming?
- How many years have they been in business?
Source: Humane Society of the United States (http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/choosing_boarding_kennel.html)