Visiting dog friendly farms in New Jersey is the perfect way to spend time outdoors with our dogs in a safe way while supporting local businesses. We did the work for you by compiling a list of a few dog-friendly farms where you can get a fix for fresh apple cider and donuts while hanging with your favorite furry friend.
- Ort Farms in Long Valley provides four seasons of fresh farm goods on 400 acres. Activities include hayrides to a pumpkin patch, corn maze, apple cannon, pony rides, train rides and Monster truck rides with food vendors on site every weekend. https://www.ortfarms.com/
- Windy Brow Farms in Newton has a wide variety of fresh baked breads, fresh produce, pick your own pumpkins, and more. Our favorite part is their weekend ice cream scoop window, where they have a variety of seasonal flavors (pumpkin chai cheesecake, yum!) and vegan options. https://windybrowfarms.com/
- Hacklebarney Farm Cider Mill in Chester was recently featured on NJ.com for their delicious cider donuts, hot dogs, and ice cream floats. Make sure to reserve your spot for a cider pressing demo and walk through Hacklebarney State Park while you’re in the area. http://www.hacklebarneyfarm.com/
- Secor Farms in Mahwah has a pumpkin patch filled with festive decorations that look great for pictures. No reservation required, but keep in mind there may be lines due to limited capacity. Check out their farm’s market for local produce, pies, candy apples, and more. http://www.secorfarms.com/
- Masker Orchards is not in NJ but worth a mention. Located in Warwick, NY, which is a bit farther of a trek but you can drive right up to any one of their 10,000 trees to pick your own apples. Their food stand is closed (but new online store is open!) so they encourage you to bring a picnic lunch or preorder on the website. They are also located close to the Warwick drive-in theater, so after a long day of picking you can bring your pup by to enjoy a double feature. https://www.maskers.com/
All these farms are taking safety measures that require masks upon entry and exit, as well as in retail areas and whenever social distancing is not possible. Information may change at any time so call ahead to make weekend reservations for any activities to ensure your spot. Be safe and have fun!
Are you a pet parent in the Morristown or Montville, NJ area? To find out more about Morris Animal Inn’s award-winning boarding, grooming, training, and daycare services, give us a call at 973-539-0377.