Do you think you know everything about dogs? Think again. Check out these facts.
1. Eyelids – Dogs have three eyelids, an upper lid, a lower lid and the third lid, called a nictitating membrane or “haw,” which helps keep the eye moist and protected.
2. Eyes – It’s a myth that dogs only see in black and white. In fact, it’s believed that dogs see primarily in blue, greenish-yellow, yellow and various shades of gray.
3. Teeth – Puppies have 28 teeth and normal adult dogs have 42.
4. Allergies – Not only do fleas cause discomfort by biting, but they can transmit disease like tapeworm and one bite can cause severe allergic problems.
5. Life – Teaching your dog to come makes everything easier, and it could save their life one day.
6. Skin – Dogs may ingest larvae through contaminated soil or larvae in the soil can penetrate the skin. This is especially relevant to animals allowed to roam or spend most of their time outside.